In this blog you’ll acquire another reason to celebrate for the Udaipurites: Suman Rao bagging the 2nd position at the 69th Miss World Contest.
Udaipur has been twinkling quite bright nowadays via the people of the city who’ve decided to work hard and light up the city’s name.
Bagging the 2nd Runner Up Title at the prestigious beauty pageant 69th Miss World held at Bangkok, Suman Ratan Singh Rao has spread cheers and smiles across the city.
Tony Ann Singh from Jamaica was crowned at Miss World 2019, and Ophely Mezino from France became the 1st runner up.
Dedicating this blog to the accomplishment of Suman Rao, here are some facts about this Alluring Udaipur Girl:
- The 21-year old beauty was born in a village near Udaipur named Aaidana.
- Her family shifted to Mumbai while she was young, her father is a jeweller and her mother is a homemaker.
- The year 2019 has been a remarkable one for Suman, as she first won the Miss Rajasthan 2019 Pageant, then the Miss India 2019 and now 2nd Runner Up at Miss World 2019.
- Suman is a CA aspirant, and a trained Kathak Dancer, at the talent rounds of these beauty pageant she chose to represent the Kathak dance from elegantly.
- She’s a flag bearer of ‘Women Empowerment’, and has made a remarkable contribution to this motive by setting up a charitable registered arm under Miss World Organization named as ‘Project Pragati’ that helps in raising funds for the projects based on humanitarian agendas. This project is great for the rural women who can grab various employment opportunities through this. This initiative of hers was commended at the Miss World pageant as well.
- Suman admires Deepika Padukone and has mentioned her aspiration of becoming an actor someday.
- In the final round of the Miss World pageant when asked about which global problem she’d like to resolve, she answered, “To be honest, I think we’ve had great leaders in the past, and I know that we’re going to have great leaders in the future, but I won’t be able to make one choice. But yes, I can say that each one of us has a role to play in society and give back to society in whatever capacity we can. And that’s what we want from all of you, that we, as individuals can do so much to the country, to the world. We just have to believe in ourselves because I am telling you that if I can, we all can. Trust me!”. She received a huge round of applause and plenty of admiration for her answer.
We’d like to wish a warm-hearted Congratulations to Miss. Suman Rao for all the achievements and wish she makes our city even more proud in future.
Don’t forget to like, share, and subscribe to My Udaipur City.
Wish Suman Rao in the comment section below, you can also leave your opinions, suggestions, queries, or any words of wisdom there.