Planning a trip to Udaipur? Wondering how to reach Udaipur? Confused between transport modes? Confused when to visit Udaipur? Or any other queries related to Udaipur? We’re here at your service!
There are various ways to reach Udaipur from major Indian cities like Delhi, Mumbai, Pune, Ahmedabad, Jodhpur, Jaipur, etc.
Also Read: Best Time to Visit Udaipur
How to Reach Udaipur?
Following are the transport modes available to reach the Lake City.
- Air transport is considered to be the most opportune method of travelling.
- The Dabok Airport or Maharana Pratap Airport is 20kms away from the Udaipur City.
- The Maharana Pratap Airport is linked to mostly all the prime cities namely Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata and Jaipur.
- The major airlines like Air Deccan, Kingfisher Airlines, Jet Airways and Indian Airlines have daily flights to and from the Dabok Airport.
- One can easily grab a cab from the Dabok Airport to the main city.
- Tip: Book a cab ride from cab booking apps, the fares will be cheaper.
- Udaipur is connected to various prime cities like Kota, Kolkata, Delhi, Mumbai and other cities as well via train.
- Several renowned trains that link other cities to Udaipur include Mewar Express, Bandra-Udaipur SF Express, Gwalior-Udaipur Express, Annanya Express and Chetak Express.
- Also the royal train Palace on Wheels, which provides all the royal luxuries in the train and explores cities, also stops at the Udaipur Railway Station for the tourists to traverse the culture of Udaipur.
- One can easily get a cab or Auto from the railway station.
- Tip: For even a cheaper transport, use the Jugnoo app to book Auto rides.
- The bus transport network is efficient and is linked to almost all the cities including Delhi, Mumbai, Jaipur, Indore, Kota, Ahmedabad, Mount Abu, Bhopal, Jaisalmer, Jodhpur and a lot more cities.
- Various options in bus comforts are available like air-conditioned coaches, deluxe buses, also the Roadways buses run by the State Government.
- Some reliable bus operators in Udaipur: Neeta Travels, Vishwakarma Tours and Travels, Shrinath Travel Agency, Shree Parshwanath Travels.
- Tip: Planning to visit Udaipur in the summer and monsoon seasons? Try to book an air-conditioned bus for convenience.
- If you’re planning a Road Trip to Udaipur, then you don’t have anything to worry about.
- As Udaipur is linked to major cities like Mumbai, Delhi and Ahmedabad via NH-8.
- From Delhi and Mumbai, the estimate time taken to reach Udaipur is about 10-12 hours.
- Tip: Best time for a Road Trip to Udaipur is in the Winter Season that lasts from October to February.
Send us your queries regarding how to reach Udaipur; we’ll be obliged to help you. Don’t forget to like, share and subscribe to My Udaipur City and write your suggestions, views or opinions in the comment section below!