The Kumbhalgarh Wildlife Sanctuary is located approximately 65kms away from Udaipur City and falls in the Rajsamand district. The area surrounding the renowned Kumbhalgarh fort is preserved as a wildlife sanctuary that inhabits several species of wildlife; for the people fond of flora and fauna this sanctuary is a pilgrimage for them.
Kumbhalgarh Wildlife Sanctuary
- The Kumbhalgarh Wildlife Sanctuary covers around 578 sq. km of land surrounding the Kumbhalgarh Fort.
- The vast land of this wildlife sanctuary covers parts of Pali, Jodhpur and Udaipur across the oldest Aravalli Range.
- This wildlife sanctuary is categorized under the Kathiawar-Gir dry deciduous forests.
- There are several endangered species this wildlife sanctuary inhabits including Wolf, Nilgai, Chausingha, Leopards, Sloth bear, Hyena, Hare, jackal, Sambhar, Chinkara and Jungle cat.
- This is the only wildlife sanctuary in Rajasthan where you can witness several wolves performing their day to day activities; there are more than 40 wolves present in this sanctuary.
- For the bird lovers- there are numerous bird species you can adore in the wildlife sanctuary, namely: Red Spur Owls, Golden Oriole, Parakeets, Bulbul, Grey Pigeons, Dove, and Kingfisher (White Breasted).
- It is also a treat for the flora fanatics as this forest contains uncountable trees and plants with numerous herbal qualities.
- One can avail Jungle Safari, Foot Trekking or Horse Riding services by contacting tour operators.
- Tip: Take a combine trip to the Kumbhalgarh fort and the Kumbhalgarh Wildlife Sanctuary.
How to reach Kumbhalgarh Wildlife Sanctuary?
One can hire a private taxi or take a bus ride from Udaipur to Kumbhalgarh.
Nearest Railway Station: Falna Railway Station
Nearest Airport: Udaipur Airport (85 kms away)
Best Time to Visit
The winter season is the best time to visit the Kumbhalgarh Wildlife Sanctuary as the temperature is moderate and it becomes easier to explore all the elements of the sanctuary comfortably. Also the animals find winter season more pleasing comparatively, therefore you can witness happy animals involved in their daily routines.
Months: October to March.
Rs75 each on weekdays and Rs100 each on weekends
Opening time: 7:00 am
Closing time: 6:00 pm
Don’t forget to like, share and subscribe to My Udaipur City. Let us know your views, suggestions or queries via comments. Also we’d love to hear your amusing stories in the Kumbhalgarh Sanctuary, let us know your experience in the comment section below.