Here you will know history and brief about karni mata temple udaipur.
Udaipur is blessed to have two in-house Vaishno Devi Temples in the city; one has to put in efforts to reach these Goddesses in order to receive their blessings. Unlike Neemach Mata Temple, Karni Mata Temple has a shortcut for the people not willing to exert them by climbing up the mountain. The shortcut: Ropeway is for sure a tempting treat, but mostly the devotees believe in climbing up the staircase to please the Goddess.
Karni Mata Temple Udaipur
About Goddess Karni Mata
- As per the devotees of Karni Mata, she was born on 2nd October 1387 in the caste of Charan.
- She is said to be the incarnation of Goddess Durga.
- She is mostly worshipped in areas of Jodhpur and Bikaner, where she was born.
- It is also said that the royal families invited her to lay the foundation of Mehrangarh Fort and Bikaner Fort.
- One of her tales recites that she gave her dead son another life as a rat; it is also believed that all her family members incarnate as a rat and live in Karni Mata Temple with the goddess.
History of Temple
- Karni Mata Temple Udaipur was built from 1620 to 1628 by Maharana Karan Singh.
- Maharana Karan Singh at the same time developed the residential area in Machla Magra for safety purposes.
- But the temple wasn’t visited much by public till 1997, when the Manshapurna Karni Mata Development Committee decided to redevelop the temple.
- Now the temple is equipped with numerous stairs and resting areas at various locations on the path of the temple, also a rope-way is installed for the convenience of devotees.
Brief About Temple
- It is said that if you visit the Temple in evening and morning, the Goddess fulfills all your wishes and aspirations.
- It is also said that visiting the Karni Mata Mandir extends one’s age of living.
- Also there are many rats in the temple; it is believed that for good fortune, one must feed these rats, as the Goddess gets impressed when one takes care of the rats.
- The staircase to the Karni Mata Temple can be accessible from Manikylal Verma Park near Dudh Talai Lake.
- If one takes the staircase option, it takes around 15-20 minutes to reach to the top for an average person.
- But within 5 minutes, one can take the ropeway to the temple from the rope-way station, Deendayal Upadhyay Park, near Dudh Talai Lake.
- The rope-way was built by UIT in collaboration with Businessman Kailash Khandelwal. The rope-way runs on 387 meters mono cable.
- On reaching the top to the Karni Mata Temple, one can have a panoramic view of Udaipur City, from one end a detailed view of Dudh Talai Lake, Pichola Lake, Lake Palace, City Palace, Jagmandir and a lot more can be captured. And from the other end, an aerial view of the residential areas can be seen. Often Udaipurites try to spot their homes from the heights.
- Not only devotees but also fitness freaks climb up the mountain to increase their stamina.
Don’t Forget to Like, Share and Subscribe to My Udaipur City. Also share your views/opinions/suggestions in the comment section below. You can also share the tales of Karni Mata’s blessings/miracles in the comment section. Don’t forget to chant ‘JAI MATA DI’ after reading this article, Stay Blessed!