As the monsoon has started knocking on the doors of Udaipur, its true shimmer has started spreading on the lakes, mountains, palaces, ghats, and every element in the city. The tourists as well as the locals of Udaipur will now be in a keen search for exclusive hangout or picnic locations that serves the beauty of the nature in this weather.
Well you can now add, one of the newest lakes of Udaipur in your list of places to visit this monsoon in Udaipur: Purohito ka Taalab.
Image Source: Antra Bhati
Purohito ka Talab
- Purohito ka Talab is situated at a distance of around 12kms from Udaipur main city, one has to take the Nathdwara Highway road to access this location. This lake is treated to be as one of the major attractions as this lake is surrounded by lush green mountains, providing a brief scenic view.
- On reaching the location, you’ll be amused to see how well the lake has been conserved.
- There stands a wall where you can adore the Indian Graffiti depicting the culture of Rajasthan with horses, elephants, men dressed in Rajasthani attire and more.
- Purohito ka Taalab is also referred as ‘Mini Jaisamand’ as there are ghats built on this lake, that is installed with stairs that takes us close to the water.
- One can sit on the upper most stair and capture an aerial view of the lake and the mountains; or walk all the way down near the lake and sit in peace hearing the water syncing with wind.
- This location serves as the best picnic spot, as there is a park near the lake, where you can set your resting point and keep all the eatables.
Note: We request you to maintain cleanliness, this is a natural habitat and it requires our utmost care.
- To preserve the marine life in Purohito ka Taalab, it has been declared as a No Fishing Zone. Therefore, if you find somebody indulging in this act, don’t hesitate to report.
- As the lake is situated away from the main city, you should carry necessary essentials like food and water with you.
- We aren’t sure if swimming is allowed in the lake or not, but we request you not to dive in the water if you do not know how to swim.
My Udaipur City has always laid emphasis on CLEAN UDAIPUR, hence we would again like to request each one of you, not to pollute this natural blessing.
Lastly you all now know what to do:
Like, Share, & Subscribe to My Udaipur City. Send in your suggestions, queries, views, admirations, complaints, or any thing you’d like to pour to us in the comment section below.