Sajjangarh Fort Udaipur, also referred as Monsoon Palace is an intact package that’ll gratify each individual; an interesting history combined with a heritage structure blended with delightful environment and a biological park as a taste-enhancer entitles it to be a must-visit place in Udaipur. Believe us, this location must be added in your bucket-list, and we’ve jotted down the reasons that’ll magnetize you to visit the place ASAP!
Sajjangarh Fort Udaipur – The Monsoon Palace
The Amusing History
- The gigantic structure was built by Maharana Sajjan Singh in 1884, the main purpose for building a palace on top of a hill was to cherish the beauty of monsoon clouds and overlook Chittorgarh (his ancestral home).
- Maharana Sajjan Singh ji planned a 5-storey structured, but the planned was interrupted by his unfortunate death.
- After the death of Maharana Sajjan Singh, the partially constructed building was completed by his Maharana Fateh Singh (his successor).
- The Palace is now under the Forest Department of Government of Rajasthan.
The Stupendous Property
- Marble stones are used to construct the humongous Sajjangarh palace which contains craved marble pillars, many rooms, staircases and a central court.
- The structure has the capacity of collecting 195,500 liters of water which is a successful water harvesting program.
- A restaurant is also available, which makes it a best place to have your lunch at the extravagant premises.
- As the palace is constructed on top of a hill, 24*7 high-speed wind can be experienced that will swift off your hair and bless you with inner-tranquility!
The Peak Location
The fort is located on the top of a hill which is 3100 ft. above the main sea level; you can easily overlook the city and locate various places from the heights, telescopes are also available to catch a brief look of the alluring Aravali range and various species of birds. The palace is equipped with yellow lights all over the structure that are lighted after the sunset which makes is easy to spot the palace at night from Fateh Sagar or nearby locations. We suggest you to drive safely on the path to reach the Monsoon Palace Udaipur as the steep roads can be vicious!
The Sajjangarh Biological Park
- Sajjangarh Biological Park is located beneath the Monsoon Palace Udaipur, a project under the forest department of preserving various species of animals in the park from across the globe so that different species of animals are available for the fauna-lovers at a single place!
- Lions, tigers, panthers, ostriches, alligators, rhesus monkeys & 21 other animals are available in the park for visitors to gaze.
- You need not to walk and exhaust yourselves in the vast area, electric car rides are available or option for renting a bicycle is also open!
The Panoramic Beauty
We suggest you to carry your HD cameras, to capture the immensely scenic Sajjangarh Fort and nearby clouds trying to compliment the Monsoon Palace Udaipur by travelling close to it with the flowing wind. You can also capture rare species of alluring birds who fly high to the Palace for a binge. Instead of visiting Eiffel Tower in Paris to propose your beloved, you can take them to this malicious location, we assure you she won’t turn down your proposal!
You can enjoy the charming Monsoon Palace before sunset as it remains open till 7 pm for the visitors; because of the risky roadway and the animals residing in the surrounded Sanctuary, the Forest Department has decided this time-limit.
Don’t forget to write your views about the Sajjangarh Fort Udaipur in the comment section below and also share exquisite pictures clicked in the Palace Premises if you wish to publish it on our Facebook Page!