Here you will know about shilpgram udaipur.
On the outskirts of Udaipur lies a premise brimful of craft, art and tradition! A captivating ride to the-authentic traditions of India, you’ll receive immense knowledge as well as amusement. Shilpgram is located 3 kms west from Udaipur; you can easily get a ride to the location. Here are some keynotes on why you must visit this place.
1. Shilpgram Festival (Mahotsava)
- The place is renowned for its Shilpgram festival which is organized each year from 21 December to 31 December.
- Artisans/craftsmen from across the nation gather in this fest to showcase their art.
- Various stalls are setup providing a delightful shopping experience; ethnic jewelry, furniture, interior, apparel, statues, paintings, you name it and you’ll find it in the fest because over 400 stalls are setup in the particular fest.
- You can also taste lip-smacking dishes from all around the country at various food counters.
- As the sun sets the open auditorium is crowded with cheerful audience assembled to enjoy various performances by over 700 folk artists each day.
- Various artists showcase their paintings, statues and other form of art in the museum.
- Especially for kids there are slides available that they cherish to the fullest.
- You can also experience horse/camel ride.
- Various entertainers display their talents like rope-walk, juggling, swinging, balancing, magic etc. to entertain the visitors.
Here are some pictures of the tremendous fest:
2. The Huts
- There are various sand huts built in Shiplgram that depict the culture of various states. Each state is allotted a particular no. of huts that showcases their history, culture, tribes and rituals.
- 5 huts of Rajasthan – Rama and Sama huts from western desert region of Rajasthan, a hut for potters from hilly region of the state, and 2 huts dedicated to Bhil and Sehariyan from South region of Rajasthan.
- There are 7 huts depicting Gujrat – 6 huts are purely dedicated to the Banni area of Gujrat and 1 hut depicts Bhujori area.
- 6 huts symbolizing Maharashtra – Huts dedicated to Konkan cost, Koli, Kolhapur, Warli, Gond and Maria.
- 5 huts representing Goa – Bicholim (potter’s hut), Hindu hut, Christian hut, Kumbli and Mandovi.
- And there are several other huts from total 21 states respectively.
3. A Peaceful Village Experience
There has always been a point of time in our life when we thought of moving away from the fast city lives to a serene quieter village! Well you can experience a Village life in a single day and that will also comprise of getting to know the traditions of 21 states of the country. This can be the perfect escape from a hectic schedule that’ll boost up your enthusiasm and will take you away from all the stress of the busy lives. You can have a conversation with the local people care-taking the place and dig them up to discover amusing age-old stories. Apart from the village experience you will also be blessed with abundance of art picked up from all around the nation and assembled at a serene location.
4. The Place Never Rests!
Apart from the Shilpgram fest, if you’ll visit the location, you can try the authentic Rajasthani food and also enjoy various dance and other performances by artists. Entering each hut and exploring the traditions of various states is a must-do thing. You can also indulge in the acts of the artists and learn to swirl like they do!
Various other fests and presentations are organized from time-to-time in Shiplgram that also will attract you to the place. A taste of each state in 70 acres of land, you cannot demand more.
Let us know ‘What is the best thing you bought in the Shilpgram Udaipur Fest?’ in the comment section below, you can also share pictures of the stupendous location with us!