In this article your will learn about relationship and difference between mewar and marwar.
Often due to several similarities like belonging to Rajasthan and quite common word placement in the names, alike dressing, rich spicy food and other aspects both the Mewari and Marwari communities are mistaken to be one.
Here we’ll present various categories in which they differentiate:
Mewar and Marwar – Difference and Relationship
- Mewar and Marwar regions are both located in the Rajasthan state, where the cities Barmer, Jodhpur, Nagpur, Jalor, Pali are considered to be Marwar whereas Udaipur, Bhilwara, Rajsamand & Chittorgarh are labeled under Mewar.
In the map below you can even spot other regions of Rajasthan like Hadoti, Shekhawati, Dhundar and Vagad apart from Mewar and Marwar.
- Both the regions were considered to be discrete Rajput Empires with different rulers. Mewar Empire was set-up by Bappa Rawal, however the discovery of the Marwar Empire was accomplished by Rao Sheoji.
- Rani Padmini (Padmavati) was a Rajputi Queen of the Mewar Kingdom.
- Mostly the Marwaris are vegetarians; therefore their food cuisine consists of mostly vegetarian dishes like stuffed besan Mirchi, Bajre Ki Roti, Gawar Fali ro Saag, Daal Banjari.
- Whereas the famous non-vegetarian Rajasthani dishes like Laal Maas & Jungli Maas belong to the Mewari clan.
- If you’re wondering about the clan of the signature Rajasthani Meal: Daal Baati Churma, well it belongs to both the parties, or we can say it belongs to all the regions of Rajasthani.
Also Read: 7 Best Places to Eat Rajasthani Food in Udaipur
- Mostly the Marwari are considered to be the Business Class, you must have read memes and PJs about a Marwari and his Dukan (Shop); if not, here’s one for you:
Mostly Heard Perception
- It is believed that Marwaris spend a lot of money on weddings; ‘Big-Budgeted Royal Wedding’ is the Marwari Style.
- Mewaris are considered to be the descendants of the fighters, the ones with warm blood, therefore when we think of a Mewari person, a typical image of a fit man with rounded moustache appears in our minds.
- Another most common phrase heard for the Marwaris is that they’re super Kanjoos (Miser). Well, we’d just say that they work hard for their living, and it becomes difficult for them to forget the hardships with spending on various things.
Note: We’ve tried to provide audience with some fun facts gathered from several websites about both the communities, My Udaipur City in no ways intend to hurt sentiments of any community in any manner.
Know any other amusing facts about Mewar and Marwar? Educate others with them by posting them into the comment section below.
Also in this meme era, we search for the trending memes each day, if you have a collection of a Mewari or Marwari meme, share it with our readers via comments.
Don’t forget to like, share and subscribe to My Udaipur City. Any queries, suggestions and opinions are most welcome!