In this article you will learn about Saheliyon ki Bari Udaipur.
Indian kings have always proved their love for their queens by presenting them with the most magnificent properties, one of the Seven Wonders of the World – Taj Mahal is the intact example, also called as the symbol of love built by Emperor Shah Jahan for his late wife Mumtaz.
Saheliyon ki Bari is another token of passionate love built by Maharana Sangram Singh for his queen. One of the heritage places of Udaipur that attract voyagers from all around the world seeking amusing locations with a fledged history. If you’re planning to visit the garden we advise you to read the important information about the premise below, which will provide you a different perspective of praising the artistry.
Saheliyon ki Bari Udaipur
Story Behind Making
- Maharana Sangram Singh’s wife was accompanied by 48 maidens as a part of her marriage dowry.
- For the comfort of the queen and her maidens, the king built a courtyard away from the political buildings.
- The queen and her 48 maidens used to spend their leisure time in the beautiful courtyard.
- Hence, the name of the area came up as Saheliyon ki Bari – Courtyard of Maidens
- The garden is well maintained with green lush trees, plants and grass.
- In the heart of the garden resides a white marble canopy (chattri) surrounded by a pool equipped with fountains.
- The center white canopy is accompanied with 4 black marble canopies on each side of the pool.
- The fountains near the main canopy were imported by Maharana Bhopal Singh ji from England, which provide the impression of rainwater falling from the skies!
- The water flowing from the fountains is acquired from the nearby lake Fateh Sagar.
- The garden is also famous for its lotus pool and elephant shaped white marble fountains, shown in the picture below.
- A small museum is also present in the premises displaying the royal ancient paintings and art.
- The museum also contains stuffed animals preserved in glass cubicles; try to spot stuffed cobra which is the main attraction of the display.
Accessibility of the Garden
- The garden is open daily between 9:00 am to 7:00 pm.
- A minimal amount of 5 rupees is charged as an entrance fee from each individual.
- You can capture as many pictures as you wish, as photography is allowed in the premises.
Additional Guidance About the Place
- Best time to visit is from the month of October till March, as the weather will be moderate at this time of the year in the city, which will enable you to admire the glorious craftsmanship of the location.
- An ideal site for organizing a family get-together or a picnic, you can play various outdoor games in the vast gardens.
- If you hear the sounds of each fountain carefully, you’ll note that each fountain emits a unique rhythmic tone; it is a tested fact!
- There are around 2000 fountains, including the tiniest fountain present in the premise.
- If you’re planning a Pre-Wedding Shoot, this location is the one you’re looking for, you can swirl around the garden and tint under the canopies.
Address: Saheli Marg, Near Bharatiya Lok Kala Mandal, Udaipur, Rajasthan 313001, India
We assure you that you’ll enjoy the music in the aura of the serene garden, do try to hear the sounds of each fountain and let us know in the comment section below whether you were able to differentiate in the sound of each fountain.
Don’t forget to share your views and photographs of Saheliyon ki Bari, we’ll be pleased to upload them on our Facebook Page and provide you a shoutout!