The Pratap Gaurav Kendra is situated on the Tiger Hill Manoharpura, Badgaon, Udaipur. It is a project commenced by Veer Shromani Maharana Pratap Samiti with a vision of educating people with the historic heritages & warrior tales of the Rajput Hero: Maharana Pratap with the support of latest technologies. The project intends on blooming a 25 bigha land into a famous tourist spot.
Pratap Gaurav Kendra Udaipur
Origin of the Project
- The idea of the project was brought forward by Shri Sohan Singh Ji, the Vetern Sangh Pracharak, he intended to make Maharana Pratap the youth icon of the area, and hence in 2002 a committee was formed to implement this vision named Veer Shiromani Maharana Pratap Samiti.
- Later in 2007, a 25 bigha land was purchased for the project.
- The project was sponsored by Sangh Swayamsewaks, as it is expected to be a 100 crore investment.
- In 2016, inauguration of the project was initiated by RSS Chief Mohan Bhagwat.
Major Attractions of Pratap Gaurav Kendra
Pratap Guarav Kendra is still developing with time and under construction, but for now the first phase of the project includes:
- Bharat Mata Mandir
- Art Galleries of Maharana Pratap’s paintings
- Bharat Darshan Dirgha
- Water pond
- Merchandised Galleries
- Cloak room
- Marvelous statue of Swamibhakt Chetak
- Meera Bai and Documentary film on Mewar’s history
- 12 feet metal statue of Bharat Mata
- 57 feet statue of Maharana Pratap
Also other facilities of Parking, Cafeteria, Drinking water etc. are also available. Few movies are also being produced based on historical characters to be viewed in the premises.
As the project is being extended with time other attractions to be added include:
- Rajsingh Museum
- Bhakti Dham
- Bhamashah Market and Food Court
- Rashtriya Sfoorti Kendra
- Maharana Pratap Water Show
Pratap Gaurav Kendra Timings
From 9:30am to 6:30pm daily.
How to reach?
One has to hire a cab to travel to the site as it is situated on the outskirts of Udaipur.
Distance from Udaipur’s Airport: 25km
Distance from Udaipur’s Railway Station: 9.30km
Distance from Udaipur’s Bus Station: 8.30km
Pratap Gaurav Kendra Ticket Prices
- Entry Tickets for Indians: Adults (above 12 years) – Rs100/-, Children (from 4-12 years) – Rs50/-, Entry is free for children below 4 years of age.
- Live Mechanical Dirgha Tickets: Adults (above 12 years) – Rs50/-, Children (from 4-12 years) – Rs50/-, free for children below 4 years of age.
- Entry Tickets for Foreigners: Adults (above 12 years) – Rs1500/-, Children (from 4-12 years) – Rs750/-, Entry is free for children below 4 years of age. (This ticket includes all exhibitions, live mechanical dirgha and headphone charges as well.)
Don’t forget to like, share and subscribe to My Udaipur City. Let us know your experience of Pratap Gaurav Kendra in the comment section below, also leave your views, queries and suggestions via comments.