Udaipur is blessed with a vintage car museum that showcases antique and heritage cars. It is a treat for all the automobile lovers to pay a visit to a place filled with fascinating vehicles that can be explored and studied.
Also Read: List of Museums in Udaipur
Vintage and Classic Car Museum Udaipur
Establishment of Museum
- The museum was inaugurated on 15th February 2000.
- The founder of National Motor Museum England – Lord Montagu of Beaulieu was the Chief Guest in the inauguration ceremony.
- The Vintage Car Museum was initially a Mewar State Motor Garage located in the premises of a belonging of HRH Group – Garden Hotel and restaurant.
- The Vintage and Classic Car Museum is a property of HRH Group, hence owned by Rana Shri Arvind Singh Ji Mewar.
- The museum contains several cars of the Maharanas (Kings/Custodians) of Mewar from the past and also from the present.
- The Museum also houses a shell petrol pump that is still in the working condition.
- All the cars exhibited in the museum are in working condition, in spite of some cars being more than 70 years old.
- In 2008, the 1924 Rolls Royce 20H.P was awarded the ‘Best of Class Category, Vintage Classic in the Cartier Travel with Style Concours’ .
About the Owner
- Rana Shri Arvind Singh Ji Mewar was born on 13th December 1944.
- He is the owner of the HRH group that consists of several hotel properties.
- He is also the present Mewar Custodian that means he’s the present King of Udaipur.
- Udaipur is surely under the democratic Government of India, hence Rana Shri Arvind Singh Ji Mewar is considered as the Custodian of Mewar.
- His patriarch’s name is Rana Shri Bhagwat Singh Ji Mewar.
Cars exhibited in the Vintage and Classic Car Museum
- 2 Cadillacs
- A MG-TC Convertible
- 4 Rolls-Royce’s
- 1 Ford-A Convertible
- 1 Vauxhall-12
- And other antiques like solar rickshaws
The Museum exhibits around 20 precious cars.
How to Reach?
The Museum is situated around 1.5 km away from the Udaipur Bus Depot (Udiapole). Opposite Gulab Bagh’s main entrance gate, near Pichola Lake.
Opening and Closing Timings
Opening Time:- 9am
Closing Time:- 8pm
Adults:- 150/- each
Children:- 95/- each
Don’t forget to like, share and subscribe to My Udaipur City; and also comment your experiences on the visit to the Vintage and Classic Museum Udaipur in the comment section below. Also tell us your favorite car exhibited in the museum, and share your pictures with us via Facebook message!